PRIVACY AND DATA PROTECTION POLICY
Duchenne UK is committed to protecting your personal information. This policy explains how Duchenne UK collects and uses the personal information you provide to us, whether online, via phone, email, in letters or in any other correspondence. In some of the other ways that we interact with you, additional terms and conditions may also apply that set out additional ways in which we will use your personal information. We ensure that we use your information in accordance with all applicable laws concerning data protection.
This policy explains:
- What information Duchenne UK may collect about you;
- How we will use that information;
- Whether we disclose your details to anyone else;
- Your choices regarding the information you provide to us.
By using our website or any of our services, or providing us with any personal data, you agree to your personal data being used and disclosed in the manner set out in this policy.
We may collect personal information about you when you purchase a product, make a donation to usor otherwise provide us with personal information. This can include information such as your name, postal address, email address, phone number, expressions of opinion, credit/debit card details and whether you are a tax payer so that we can claim Gift Aid.
We may also receive such information about you from third parties.
How we may use your information
We may use your information for a number of purposes including the following:
- To provide you with the services, products or information you have requested or which we feel may interest you where you have consented to being contacted. For these purposes we may pass your information to our partners (such as our distribution and fulfilment partners) solely for the purpose of handling your order or providing information you have requested;
- To process donations we may receive from you;
- To fundraise in accordance with our internal policies and procedures;
- To provide you with information about our work or our activities that you have agreed to receive;
- For administration purposes (for example we may contact you regarding a donation you have made or the event you have registered for);
- For internal record keeping, including the management of any feedback or complaints;
- To invite you to participate in surveys or research (although this is voluntary);
- To use IP addresses to identify your approximate location, to block disruptive use and to record website traffic
- We may analyse the personal information we collect to create a profile of your interests and preferences so that we can contact you in the most appropriate way and with the most relevant information;
- Where it is required or authorised by law; and
- We may assess your personal information for the purposes of credit risk reduction or fraud prevention.
Retention, storage and transfer of your information
We will retain your personal information only as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes identified above, or as required by law. Information sharing and disclosure
- Duchenne UK does not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others.
- We may need to share your information with our service providers, associated organisations and agents for the purposes outlined above and may also disclose your where we are legally required to do so.
We will take all reasonable care to keep your information secure and to prevent any unauthorised use of it.
We will not transfer your information outside of the European Economic Area.
You can choose to accept of decline cookies. You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of some or all cookies. If you decline or block cookies, you may not be able to access or use parts of the site.
We may contact you for marketing purposes by email if you have agreed to be contacted in this manner for marketing purposes and do not opt-out of receiving further marketing information.
If you have provided us with your postal address or telephone number we may send you direct mail or telephone you about our work unless you have told us that you would prefer not to receive such information.
It is your choice as to whether you want to receive information about our work and the ways you can get involved.
You may opt-out of marketing emails at any time by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link in our marketing emails. You can also change any of your contact preferences at any time (including telling us that you don’t want us to contact you for marketing purposes by telephone, or send you direct marketing by post) by contacting us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us using the following address: Duchenne UK, 11 Bedford Road, London W4 1JD. We will not use your information for marketing purposes if you have indicated that you do not wish to be contacted for such purposes. However, we will retain your details on a suppression list to help ensure that we do not continue to contact you.
Access to information and correction
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you (for which me may change a small fee). You also have the risk to have any inaccuracies in your information corrected. If you would like to exercise these rights please email: email@example.com or write to us using the following address: Duchenne UK, 11 Bedford Road, London W4 1JD.
How to contact us
- by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- or by writing to us using the following address: Duchenne UK, 11 Bedford Road, London W4 1JD.